2.20.2013

Behind the Scenes with Lori



Today we have design team member Lori Wilbanks sharing some Behind the Scenes info about her layout - Reveal.

What prompted you to pick this take on risk?
This particular quote rings true for me, that when we risk sharing all we are with someone, they may not like it. I want to get to a point where I can acknowledge those hidden wishes and thoughts and share them with others.



 Why did you choose this photo?
I think this is a great photo to show risk/reveal. No make-up, no glasses, realllly up close.


How do you feel about the message of your layout?
I think this is a pretty universal fear, that revealing who you really are is risky. I hope the message comes across that, while it's risky, and while many of us, including me, are not quite at the point where it comes easily, or that we're ready to "reveal it all", that it is important to do so. Each of us has a unique voice to share, and that uniqueness is beautiful.

What symbolism did you pull into your design?
I started this layout by doing a "free write" of some personal "dreams". I'm not even ready to read those again myself, much less share them with the world, so I painted over them and added a favorite quote from Sabrina Ward Harrison.
I used the crepe ribbon and cut it and added the zipper as a symbol of revealing.

Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page.
I love the finished result of this. The "zipper" element turned out exactly like I wanted it to. I like that you can still see that I did some journaling under the paint, but that I'm not quite ready to "take the risk" of revealing it....something I still need to work on.

No comments: