10.03.2012

October Guest Designer - Stacey Michaud

Hi everyone!

Happy October and welcome to my favorite season. I love the Fall! And what a fabulous kit for us to be kicking off the Fall season with.  I've got some more fun news... I have the distinct privilege of introducing to you our October Guest Designer - Stacey Michaud!

Stacey has such a great style to her layouts and we love how she focuses on the journaling. This is paramount to our "Inside Out" approach! For this post, we're going to get to know Stacey more and see one of her layouts. Later, this month, she'll be sharing some "Behind the Scenes" of one of her layouts.


Stacey Michaud
Guest Designer

Hi all! My name is Stacey Michaud. I am a teacher during the day and an avid scrapbooker by night! I use the creative process to keep my sanity and record my stories. Paper serves as my muse and I love gaining inspiration from the products around me. I like to call my style clean and linear with a twist. Journaling is a must for me. I have been blessed enough to be published in Scrapbook Trends, Creating Keepsakes and Memory Makers magazine as well as several idea books!  I currently design for Webster's Pages, Teresa Collins Designs, and Lily Bee Design.

Full Circle:  I have recently gone through significant life changes involving family.  I have had the chance to meet my half siblings for the first time.  It is an opportunity I always dreamed of, but never thought would actually happen.  My mom keeps telling me that my life has come full circle.  That saying repeats in my head quite often.  I wanted to document it on a layout about me and this personal journey.  The design of the page is important to me as I want it to convey a certain feeling.  I chose to use the Kraft circles as a symbol.  I also integrated the bird to give the feeling of being free. The large title is meant to make a big statement.  It is as if I am yelling this out so everyone can know how healed I feel.   My journaling tells about how the little girl with the big dream feels happy...happy enough to spin with arms wide open.




Stacey's Blog: It's Just Paper
Stacey's SFTIO Gallery: Click Here




3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Love your layout, Stacey! :)
Welcome to SFTIO!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee Stacey!! She is AMAZING!!! Love love love her lo!!!

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

Stacey is one of my fav artists! Welcome to SFTIO and I love your work with this kit!