6.19.2012

Fun with Glimmer Glaze

Over on Inside Out's message boards, we always have fun tips and tricks from our design team members.  This month's kit contains Glimmer Glaze and I was so excited and appreciative when Melissa posted some of her how-to's and creative uses of this new-to-me tool.  I thought perhaps you might want to see some fun ways to use Glimmer Glaze too. 

So... without further ado... here you go!

Fun with Glimmer Glaze

I've decided I really like Glimmer Glaze. I bought a couple of bottles awhile back from my local stamping store. The colors were discontinued so they were on clearance. Loved it! And we get a bottle in this months' kit too. This stuff is so much fun to experiment with so I thought I'd share with you a couple of things I did with it on my layouts.

First up is pairing it with the stencil. At first, I tried to use the brush that's attached to the cap but didn't like how it looked. I remembered I had a package of Fastastix, which are little coloring brushes. In the past, I've used these for watercolors or with stamps. It worked perfect! I dipped the end into the Glimmer Glaze and then colored in the words.





When I used the brush to color in the stencil, the color bled a bit when I attempted the flowers. I let the glaze dry, then took the stencil and traced over it with my white gel pen. Kind of a fun look. It looks like it is a resist... it really isn't. Tricky, huh???





You could also pour some in a spritz bottle and spray on your projects.

I actually dipped the brush in and let it splatter and drip on my layout. You'll probably notice lots of my layouts lately have splatter paint on them. Just a fun little technique I've been enjoying. We'll see how long it lasts. But I do like the unique, watery, shimmery look the glaze leaves.





Have fun with your Glimmer Glaze!  


Would you like to play with Glimmer Glaze? I know I'm ready to be brave with it.  How about exploring your TruthGet your kit now, before it's too late!  Join us over in our community and share your inspiration!

No comments: