3.26.2012

Simple Butterflies by Nicole [and blog hop winner!]

First we need to announce our Blog Hop winner! Our apologies for the delay. If you are


Stacey from Alden, NY

Please email rachinla [at] aol [dot] com with your shipping information and CONGRATS!


Are you a simple scrapper? Do you like to learn quick and easy ways to create embellishments that give that perfect symbolic piece to complete your inside out layout? Come join Design Team member Nicole as she shares a fun idea to create your own butterfly embellishment using the March GRACE kit contents.

Hello! Today I would like to share a layout with you in which I created my very own embellishment using the March Kit by SFTIO! Since I'm a simple scrapper, I don't like spending more than 30-40 minutes on a layout. So I basically pull out the supplies that match up with the photos I'm working with and just run with it... I always use my photos to inspire me, not the product.
While I'm working on my layout, I like to find unique ways to use my embellies. I love making fun embellishments of my own to cut the cost of supplies... Having said this, I am going to share with you, how I created this fun butterfly embellishment on my layout.



1. First mist the butterflies and leaf with desired color of mist.
2. Once the mist is dry, staple one butterfly on top of the other. (I use my mini stapler by Tim Holtz. It's a must have!)


3. Adhere a piece of the hexagon chipboard to the center of the butterfly using a foam square.



4. Adhere a pearl to the center of the chipboard using a glue dot.



5. Decorate the butterfly with some bling from your stash.




Pretty easy don't you think? Want some more inspiration and ideas for your GRACE layouts? There is still time to come join us in our monthly challenges. From Refinement, Forgiveness, Beauty and Grace... come explore your innermost thoughts and feelings using your supplies! It can be one of the most therapeutic journeys for you yet. Click here to join our forum. It's a quick validation and you are IN! 



No comments: