1.07.2012

Taking Time for Me

About 10 years ago (ish) was when I dipped my toes into scrapbooking. Then I found I loved card making even more and really got into that. Took some classes, refined some skills, learned new techniques, etc., etc. In the midst of that, I would create an occasional layout and.... hate it.

So I hid.

I hid from scrapbook layouts. LOL But I did love it and just needed to practice is all. Not sure why I was so afraid to keep trying but, eventually, I would try again. Then something else happened.

I ran out of things to scrap about. I have no children. I have no significant other. I take trips but I got tired of trying to figure out different ways to scrap the same old photo. Blah. At the same time I was going through some therapy. My counselor told me to journal. But I hated journaling and keeping a diary. I never kept it up. Maybe the first few pages and then I'd stop. Why? It was boring. It didn't free me from anything. I just hated writing. So we explored some options. Should I type it? Nope. Should I make myself do it anyway? Nope. Hey... I like to scrapbook... why not combine the two? And my friends, a new and wonderful thing happened. I decided to use my love of scrapbooking and combine it with my need to journal. Let it all out, if you will.


This brief little back story is to share how much I love and appreciate the philosophy of SFTIO. I'm a firm believer in combing something you love as your means to creatively express and "let it all out".


To see the full layout and more amazing layouts from our design team, click here.

So what's your story?

Come share with us on the forum!


No comments: