5.20.2011

Distressed & Stained

Woo Hoo, I'm back with another amazing Design Team tutorial.  Anyone who knows me, knows how much of a Tim Holtz (product) fan I am.  I was super excited when I saw his CHA release of Distress Stains and even more thrilled when I opened up my Friendship kit and saw a bottle of said Distress Stain just screaming my name.

So then imaging how I felt when Nancy shared this tutorial featuring Distress Stain... yes, I was all a quiver!  Of course, rather than hold on to it and keep it as mine-all-mine, I am here to share it with you.  Check out this fabulous inky treat!


Using Distress Stain

This month's kit contains the Tim Holtz Distress Stain. It's a product with tons of applications; today I'll be showing you how to mask with the stain. You can also watch this video of Tim Holtz demonstrating the Distress Stains... it's very informative!

To create a masked background on your layout, gather your supplies: background paper, doily, Distress Stain.




Turn the bottle of stain upside down and tap it over the doily. The bottle has a spring-loaded top, so you'll need to move quickly so you don't oversaturate the doily.



Repeat on other areas of paper.






Simple and easy! This particular color of Distress Stain, Broken China, is very pale, so the effect is subtle. I layered some Smooch Spritz drips (from January's kit) over the top of my masked image:




P.S. One more quick tip--I used the Distress Stain to dye my embroidery floss to match my layout.


Thanks Nancy!

See?  Isn't it fun and amazing?  Have you received your Friendship kit yet?  If so, then go ahead, dive in to the Distress Stain and share with us how you've used it.  Or show us!  Don't have a Friendship kit?  Then jump on over and buy one soon!  I swear you won't regret it... I LOVE this kit!

No comments: