Creating a Ruffled Corduroy Border
by Nancy Doren
We have a very cool corduroy patch from Buzz and Bloom in this month’s kit. I love to make ruffles out of paper and fabric, so I made a cute fringed border for my page. Here are the steps for making one of your own!
1. Cut the corduroy patch into strips. I cut mine into 5/8” strips.
2. To make the fringe, pull the threads from each end all the way out of the fabric. This will create a frayed edge. Repeat on the opposite side.
3. Place the corduroy strip on your paper, and anchor it on one end to the paper with a few stitches.
4. Begin making the ruffle by folding the corduroy over itself and placing it under the presser foot.
5. Put the presser foot down to hold the fold in the corduroy.
6. Sew for about an inch and then repeat the folding and stitching process.
7. Continue until you reach the end of the strip, then add another strip and continue sewing until you’ve made the border as long as you’d like.
P.S. You don't have to have a sewing machine to create this border... you could sew it by hand, with embroidery floss, or even staple it down!
Here's the yummy GENEROSITY kit in all its glory - don't you want one right now? Be good to yourself and get yourself the gift that keeps on giving...an SFTIO subscription!
We have two great giveaways happening right now in conjunction with Craft Gossip and Scrapbook Trends. Click on these links to enter and win one of our kits! Don't wait too long...the deadlines are coming up soon...