2.04.2015

Behind the Art with Jen Matott

Hi friends!  I wanted to share a page that I created with the new "Restore" kit!  It never ceases to amaze me how Rachel puts these kits together with a word that complements the imagery, designs and gorgeous colors! This one was no exception!  It's dreamy and beautiful.
For this page I knew I wanted to use that woodgrain textured cardstock for a background!  I sprayed some of the walnut spray near the center of the paper and allowed it to drip a bit.  Once it was dry, I used the Crafter's Workshop stencil and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle to create a little texture on top of the sprayed area. Lots of drips and some embellishments make the page!

 I knew I wanted to create a page that was framed by the soft greens and pinks.  After a visit to CHA 2015 in Anaheim, California I came back refreshed and excited about all that I had seen and those that I talked to!  Even though I love to travel, I always find it hard to recreate a space for myself that feels normal.  I have a workout routine that I do at home and when I'm in a strange place, it can suffer.  I want to create a similar routine while away.  I did run one day and let me tell you how nice it was to do that without coats, many layers, and snow! 

 Being home in the cold can really wear on you!  I think when I visited Cali, I felt that I was restored inside and out.  I did my best to keep to a schedule and find time to relax, work, and exercise.  I was renewed visiting a warmer climate even when it was below zero degrees at home!  I could've gotten very used to the California winters!  It made it easy to keep up with my routine but also allow for special events and meeting up with friends!
 What renews you when the weather is harsh?  What kind of routines do you need to keep while traveling?

No comments: