2.03.2014

Behind the Art with Stacey

Welcome to February and the new kit, Intention.  When I heard the emotion for the month, I decided to go deep.  See, my behaviors and my intentions don't always match up.  It is something I am acutely aware of and something I am trying to change. 

It was liberating to create art while expressing this obstacle in my life.  When exploring an emotion, I encourage you to go deep.  Be bluntly honest on a page and just let the feeling take you.  It is better than therapy.

I often have the best intentions, yet say the wrong thing.  What I mean and what comes out don't always correspond.  Here is my interpretation of the feeling.



I love the dripping paint paper that is in the kit.  I decided to cut mine so just the upper portion was used.  It really evoked the feeling of a bleeding heart.  With that idea in mind, I cut the heart from a journaling card and placed it along the top.  There is so much symbolism on this page. 


 
 
To really make the drips pop, I used a white cardstock base.  I layered some simple embellishments to frame my photo, including the days of the week card.  This is an emotion that strikes me frequently.  It is something I have to be aware of every day.
 
 
 

And then I told my story. I didn't hold back. I am not ashamed. I am aware. I want to be understood and forgiven. I want this to be a transparent issue in my world. I am working on it. In the meantime, I have decided to surround myself with people who love me unconditionally. Through that, change will come.

My intentions are clear and pure.
 
 

1 comment:

Nicole Martel said...

Beautiful layout. I love your work!