1.27.2014

Behind the Art with Stacey

Happy end of the month everyone!  We are all getting excited for the next kit, but I wanted to share another page from the gorgeous January kit, Empathy.  I really enjoyed working with the kit and exploring this emotion.

My last page of the month was inspired by the sheet of paper that it rests on!  Yep, paper can be your muse.

I loved this blueprint sheet.  I think it is the perfect way to share emotion.  Being able to show empathy may need to be taught, especially to child who are at a young age.  Being able to stand in someone's shoes is an art.  It takes practice.  I decided that my kids need a blueprint.


I scrapped this photo of my daughter with her two grandmothers.  I believe that she can learn valuable lessons from them.  They can effect her in a way that I can't.   I started looking for elements that supported my theme. 

The vintage flashcard reminds me of old school lessons.  I layered the arrow and the Shine sticker because I think her ability to be her best starts with her family.


I wrote her a note from my heart, encouraging her to look to her grandparents as models.  I believe that we don't listen to that generation enough in a world full of electronics and instant reward.  I want her to understand how it was growing up in a different time.


I encourage you to take some time exploring the kit.  Look to each paper and see what chord it strikes.  You might have inspiration right at your fingerprints.

No comments: