7.24.2013

Behind the Scenes with Kiki - He gives me confidence


Hi all! Kiki here with today's Behind the Scenes. I chose to do a layout of my husband when it came to confidence, and you'll learn why by reading on.



What prompted you to pick this take on confidence?
When I thought long and hard about the theme of confidence and what it means in my life, I kept reflecting on my husband. He brings me a lot of assurance, knowing that if things go sour, he'll be there to lift us up and carry on.

Why did you choose this photo?
It so represents how he's prepared for anything. We were out for a walk with the dog, but he brought a backpack with some water, tea and a little camp stove so that we could enjoy a break along the way. He's definitely into bushcrafting and survival techniques, and he's taught me a lot of basic skills.

How do you feel about the message of your layout?
I really enjoyed writing the journaling and reflecting on how my husband has given me more confidence. It's important to be self reliant and self assured, but it's also important to recognize those outside contributors to my own confidence. We'd like to think we can do it all ourselves sometimes, but sometimes we need help from others, and we should never view that as a weakness. I feel confident that if I needed help, if I asked my husband, he'd be there for me, and willing to help out. People need those kinds of relationships with others.

What symbolism did you pull into your design?
It was really funny how the kit just worked so well with his picture. The As seen on TV sticker that I turned into flare represents his favourite ways to learn bushcrafting, and that's his fave TV programs. And I used a letter H and turned it into flare for our last name.


Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page.
It felt wonderful showing my husband the layout, and reading the journaling to him that expresses how much I appreciate his strength and readiness to help in any situation. I think for a long time now, he's thought that I'm just putting up with this hobby of his, but after he read that he understood how much I love that he's learning all this to support, love and protect me.




No comments: