6.05.2013

Behind the Scenes with Lori

Hi everybody! Lori here to share with you some info about this page:



What prompted you to pick this take on Transformation?
My process for deciding what I'm going to do each month always begins with Pinterest. :) I love finding quotes and/or images that speak to me in some way and that portray a specific interpretation of the month's theme. I love this quote because that is just how I feel about prayer. It is a need, and it changes ME instead of my circumstances, more often than not.
Why did you choose this photo?
I actually "staged" this photo (I know! GASP!) and wanted it to be an extreme close-up with just my face. I think prayer is where we meet God at our most vulnerable state, stripped bare, no hiding. I wanted that feel with my photo.
 
How do you feel about the message of your layout?
I liked the serenity of using watercolors behind the stencils and hope that peacefulness comes through.
 
What symbolism did you pull into your design?
I love this stencil and thought it looked a bit like church windows. I wanted both a hard and soft feel, as sometimes prayers are not sweet and pretty, sometimes we are desperate and angry and hurting. I used modeling paste and mixed it with the Dylusions spray in the kit, then used a palette knife to spread it through the stencil. I also sprayed the ink spray directly onto the page through the stencil, then dripped a bit of water on them, to create that melty look. I used the Glitz Uncharted Waters Waves paper with only the blues showing, again to create a feeling of serenity and peacefulness. I used the scrap of paper with the days of the week and the calendar as a reminder of the need for prayer all the time. I love the little photo overlays and thought they could symbolize "windows to the soul."
 
Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page. 
This is a very personal page, as my faith is very important to me. I like that it reminds me of my need to stay connected to God, and that often when things are tough, it's my attitude and my perception that needs to change. 
Head over to our gallery to see all the design team's amazing creations!  



No comments: