10.23.2012

Behind the Scenes with Stacey Michaud

Hi everyone!

It has been such a treat to have Stacey Michaud guest designing with us this month. If you haven't had the chance to visit her gallery, please do so by clicking here. In the meantime, Stacey is graciously sharing some "Behind the Scenes" information for one of her layouts, using the JOURNEY kit.


A Brother Meets Sister - Part 2
By Stacey Michaud

What prompted you to pick this take on Journey? 
Journey truly fits my life these past couple of years.  I have had the opportunity to heal some childhood wounds, ones that run quite deep.  It has been an unexpected and exciting journey.  I have met my siblings from my biological father, something I never thought would happen.  My biological father passed away a few years ago so I thought all associations with him and my siblings would end there.  Not so.  Not only has it been an emotional journey, but a physical one as it required travel.  I wanted to share both sides of the journey on this page.

Why did you choose this photo?
It is the only photo of my brother and me alone.  I love this picture and think you can just see the happiness on my face.

How do you feel about the message of your layout?
The message is positive and full of joy.  I really tried to capture my feelings and reflections.  It is almost as though I am as excited as if I were a young child.  I hope it conveys how much the experience meant to me.

What symbolism did you pull into your design?
In a way, the diamonds are somewhat masculine, yet have playful and femine patterns.  I incorporated the pink and the blue in more vibrant hues to match the brother/sister theme.  The garland is celebratory in nature.  I wanted a lot of clean, white space to really make the photo stand out.

Tell us a little bit about how you feel now that you have "let it all out" on this page. 
It feels great to capture those moments and record them.  I don't want to forget the details of what happened.  It was a big deal and I wanted my layout to show that.  I always feel like I honor my history and my inner spirit when I scrap the most meaningful moments in life


Beautiful. Thank you so much Stacey for not only sharing your amazing talent but also for sharing your tender heart with us this month. 

If you love Stacey as much as we do, you can keep up with all her creativity on her blog here: It's Just Paper. 







No comments: