8.15.2012

Behind the Scenes with Nicole



I had a blast creating this layout using this month's Escape kit. When I first saw these papers by Cosmo Cricket, I knew exactly what photos I wanted to use so I pulled out my two favorite photos from my trip to Costa Rica over 7 years ago. Costa Rica is one of my favorite places to visit and I can't wait to go back. I think that these papers helped make the photo shine. Don't we look like we belong in the Wild West?


To help add to the nature feel of this layout, I decided to use the feather screens and red mists. I think it was very effective and it really pulls the layout together. I also added a heart with some swirls to emphasize how much I loved this trip and the "once upon a time" sentiment that I cut from the paper is perfect because it helps let the readers know that this was a past experience; it was almost like a fairy tale trip. It truly was the best trip I ever had.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I inspired you to try using some meaningful symbols by cutting up patterns  from your papers or from using embellishments in your kit to help add that special touch to your layouts and to make them more meaningful. 


2 comments:

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

Beautiful! LOVE Nicole's style!!!

Mary Jo said...

So much fun to read your thoughts on this layout! :)