1.17.2012

Wham Bam POW!

Do you like sparkle and glitter? Our current kit INDIVIDUALITY will be perfect for you if you said yes.
I like sparkle too but I'm not a glitter fan. Why? Because it gets everywhere. No matter how careful I am to pour on a tray or sprinkle in just one little area, it ends up everywhere. All over the project, on the floor, on my hair, on my nose. Not. A. Fan.

Enter something fabulous...

The new Pow paper from American Crafts. It is glitter paper but it is embedded meaning it doesn't flake off. It's almost smooth to the touch but when you look at it, it gives the illusion that it will flake off any minute. The sparkle is amazing. Finally... a kind of glitter I can love! And guess what? It's in this month's kit! Yep, we've got a fabulous shade of pink for you to play with as you let your individuality sparkle and shine.

I thought I would share a technique I used on one of my layouts. Sometimes a large sheet of glitter paper can be overwhelming. So I say cut it up into smaller bits. Create embellishments and accents to minimize the glorious sparkle.


This paper is fine enough (but not too fine... definitely is still a thick cardstock) to use in an electronic cutting machine like the Silhouette Cameo. There is a wonderful rolled flower shape in the Silhouette Library and I had to try it out on this paper. If my machine could cut this paper, then I would be a forever fan and it WORKED!

Here is the layout...


It gave my layout the perfect amount of spunk to go with the theme I wanted to convey. 

Come on over to the forum where I share a couple more ideas on using this fab paper.

Did you know that the Design Team shares monthly tips, tricks and ideas using the kits in our forum? It's all free and a wonderful source of inspiration for you as you create... from the inside out!

Ready to get started with your first kit? Click here






1 comment:

Penny said...

Wow great job with that glitter paper, and that rolled flower! I had never seen the rolled flower before. Beautiful! Love Penny