6.05.2011

Making Flowers from Paper Scraps

We're on a flower kick over at Inside Out's community.  I've reposted a few tutorials over here, but to see them all, make sure you join our message boards.  You won't want to miss out on our Design Team's exclusive content as it relates to this month's topic: Optimism.  Here's another one, using only scraps...cuuuuuuute!

Making Flowers from Paper Scraps

I like looking to paper to make additional embellishments for my layouts. I'm certainly not at a loss for supplies or embellishments, but love to look for new ways to make them.

With this kit I took made my own flower from strips of paper, a button and some twine. I started with several different papers of various colors and patterns. You could always choose paper with similar tones and patterns too.




I cut strips of 1/4" and cut about 8-10 from each piece of paper. I then cut them down to about 2-3" in length.



You can then adhere these with either a bit of adhesive from a tape runner, a glue dot or a dab of craft glue. I trimmed the excess strips down to make them the all the same length. You can add a brad, button or chipboard to top it off.


I chose a button and twine (not in the kit) and added it to my layout for a finished look!


 
Like I said, cuuuuute.  And so simple.  What a great way to use up some scraps too!  Thanks Christa!

No comments: