|Only You by Nancy Doren|
What is vulnerability?
1. capable of or susceptible to being wounded or hurt, as by a weapon: a vulnerable part of the body.
2. open to moral attack, criticism, temptation, etc.: an argument vulnerable to refutation; He is vulnerable to bribery.
3. (of a place) open to assault; difficult to defend: a vulnerable bridge.
1595–1605; < Late Latin vulnerābilis, equivalent to Latin vulnerā ( re ) to wound + -bilis -ble;
vul·ner·a·bil·i·ty, vul·ner·a·ble·ness, nounvul·ner·a·bly, adverbun·vul·ner·a·ble, adjective
It's a topic so many people spend a lot of energy protecting. We are taught to be tough, to hide our sensitivities, to show no weakness. Yet, at Inside Out we're asking to you push all of that hogwash aside and rediscover those hidden, sensitive, vulnerable sides of you. Take a moment... take several moments... and explore vulnerability. Delve into it, let yourself BE vulnerable. We'll be gentle, we promise. We'll even help you start exploring, just ponder these questions...
- When do you feel most vulnerable?
- Who do you turn to when you are feeling vulnerable?
- What do you do to protect your vulnerable sides?
- What scares you about allowing yourself to be vulnerable?
- Have you ever felt empowered just from allowing yourself to be vulnerable?