Do you like to dig deeper on your scrapbook pages? Are you interested in exploring your inner world? Then you might be the designer for us! We are seeking talented designers who are passionate about scrapbooking and personal growth to share in this journey to add to our team!
Scrapbooking from the Inside Out is a monthly kit club, inspiration source and online community. We are holding a Design Team search. Inside Out is a different kind of kit club – it’s about a form of what we call ‘Scrapbook Therapy’ – using scrapbooking as a form of self-exploration, self-expression and self-discovery. Each kit is based on a specific emotion using color, design and iconography to reflect the theme. Our goal is to encourage the use of scrapbooking as a way for us to tap into our deep inner worlds in the midst of our very busy lives. We will be taking submissions from now through May 14, 2010.
As a member of our Design Team, you will be asked to:
1. create 5 layouts using 80% materials from our kit and relating to the theme of the month
2. contribute one monthly article for exclusive content (tips or techniques with step by step photos )
3. participate on our message boards at least 4 days per week
4. design for Inside Out for a 6-month term, beginning on June 1, 2010 (starting with the July 2010 Kit)
5. post your Inside Out layouts at scrapbook community sites
6. submit your LOs for publication as requested
All projects made with the kit are yours to keep, and when used in the newsletter or on the website, you will be given full credit.
Your compensation will be:
1. Free monthly kit with no shipping charge from July-December 2010.
2. Admission to CHA-Summer in Chicago, IL, 2010 (travel, hotel and other expenses not covered).
3. Recognition on our website with a link to your blog.
4. Incredible friendships, publishing opportunities and creative insight into your heart!
As a Design Team member, you will serve a critical role in promoting the kits and the website on message boards, the blog, and representing the company where ever you can. We ask that our designers not hold design team positions with any other kit club or online scrapbooking retailer. Manufacturer design team appointments and teaching at your LSS are fine.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject – Design Team):
1. photos of 4 layouts of any size. All 4 projects should be about your inner world – your thoughts, feelings, dreams, fears
2. links to your online gallery, blog and/or resume, if available
3. your full contact information: name, phone number, email address, and mailing address
4. a short paragraph or two about why you want to be one of our designers – why this concept matters to you
5. a list of your current scrapbooking commitments – other DT work, etc.
We’re a passionate and creative team looking for like-minded people who love to share their thoughts and feelings using our craft and foster a supportive and welcoming community. We look forward to getting to know you!