7.06.2009

Designer Spotlight - Anam Stubbington

Here's the last of our THANK YOUs to our wonderful outgoing DT: Last but VERY MUCH NOT least is the lovely and amazing Anam Stubbington!



When it comes right down to it, I'm not really sure if we went to Anam or she came to us! I just know we got lucky! I emailed her when I was launching the website, along with some other selected fabulous designers, to join us in some capacity. I was long a fan of her work already, having seen her designs round and about the web. I was jonesin' for her to be a guest designer...when she applied for the full-time design team, I was jumping up and down. I called Nancy all excited and said, "we've got one slot decided! Anam wants to be on OUR dt!"

Anam has a unique ability to combine complex materials (especially busy paper) with a perfectly spare and elegant design to produce pages that draw you in but never overwhelm. I truly admire her use of negative space. She is a prolific creator, often gracing us with 8 or 10 layouts instead of the DT required 4, and would add multiple altered projects full of out-of-the-box thinking. Anam also has a facilty for adding packaging and negatives of shapes and letters to her LOs in the most unusual way. She just blew me away every time I saw her monthly submissions.

Here are some of my favorite LOs and projects of hers and this was NOT EASY - there were SO many lovely things from which to choose:

Patience - feeling grateful for her husband's support:



Compassion - thinking of the past



Spirit - making room for learning something new



Clarity - reflecting on what her she and her daughter bring to each other:



Hope - trusting the song in her heart:



Renewal - life being in constant motion



Anam is a creative powerhouse, a fixture on so many sites for her amazing LOs, her sketches and altered projects. She currently designs for Twisted Sketches, Prima, Ad This and her LSS, Treasured Memories. I love her unique personal style, her truthfulness, and her passion. Anam is Mama to her lovely daughters Fay and Lily, and wife to her hunky hubby Ian.



Anam, I am so thankful that our paths crossed and that we've all been the beneficiaries of your fantastic work.


Love,

Rachel

1 comment:

nancy said...

Lovely description of Anam's creative abilities... you will be missed! :)